You’re considered part of the “really good friend” category when you’re invited to a messy meal at my house. Not too long ago, I hosted rib night. Say it with me folks….. “Riiiiiiiiiiibbbbs”. There were only three of us for dinner, but I made enough ribs for 20. Imagine a pile of tender, fall-off-the-bone, pork ribs with a hearty slathering of glistening BBQ sauce. They were piled high in the center of the table and we devoured the flesh like animals.
This salad was a perfect complement to the ribs. It was hearty, fresh and bright with lime flavor. An interesting fact about this salad is it was one of the first salads I tested when I started the blog almost a year ago. I’ve just never posted it because I couldn’t get it quite right. I’ve tried it with tomatoes, avocado, several vinaigrettes variations, and even a splash of Tequila. But, nothing made this salad shine the way this version did that messy night.
- 2 cups (3 ears) roasted corn
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup red pepper, small diced
- 2 Tbl. shallot, minced
- 2 Tbl. jalapeño pepper, minced
- 3 Tbl. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- 2 – 3 Tbl. lime juice
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Roast corn according to my Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob post. Allow to cool and remove the kernels from the cob. Toss the kernels with the remaining ingredients.