Isn’t it amazing how something so simple can look so good in a photo? I posted this to my Facebook Fan Page a couple of days ago because I was that excited to share it before the blog post went live. I figured why should I deny my fans from such tasty beauty? (insert gleeful grin here)
I love making this recipe because it’s (A): Super Easy, (B): Wonderfully Flavorful and (C): Crazy Cheap. Since it really only has five ingredients, it is flexible enough to be adjusted according the number of people you want to serve. I’ve made it for one as a late night snack or for a weeknight dinner party for six. The reaction is just the same…YUM!
- 2/3 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 Tbl. fresh basil, chopped
- 10 – 12 slices French bread
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- Set your broiler to high. Brush each side of the bread slices with olive oil and place on a sheet pan. Toast each side under the broiler for 2 – 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Pour marinara sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Slice the goat cheese in half and place in the center of the marinara sauce. Bake under the broiler for 4 – 6 minutes or until the goat cheese is soft and slightly golden.
- Sprinkle the mixture with fresh basil before serving. Serves 4 people as an appetizer.