Summer is about simple and easy salads for me. It’s a perfect way to take advantage of all the freshness Mother Nature has to offer. Plus, I think things taste better when I don’t have to turn on my stove in 90-degree weather.
This recipe captures all of my favorite ingredients in one bite. Did I mention it’s easy to prepare? Sure it’s not easy in a semi-homemade kind of way, but it’s pretty darn close. I love the versatility of the feta vinaigrette. Try it on fresh farm stand grilled vegetables sometime and you will be head-over-heels happy you did.
- 2 seedless cucumbers, halved & chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ½ Tbl. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbl. water
- ½ tsp. dry oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add the feta, red wine vinegar, water, oregano to a food processor; pulse until smooth. Add the olive oil to the mixture and pulse until completely combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the cucumber, red pepper, red onion and feta vinaigrette in a medium mixing bowl until well coated.