I’m notorious for walking into my kitchen with a recipe in mind and prepare something completely different. This was the case when I had the idea of making roasted red pepper bruschetta as an early evening snack. In the end, the cutting board of ingredients was so beautiful; I never reached the “bruschetta” part. I couldn’t help but pour a glass of wine, pop in a movie and dive in.
Consider making your own variation of this platter the next time you need a rustic appetizer for your dinner party. Thinly sliced prosciutto would be a wonderful complimentary addition to the flavors. Or try toasting the bread to for a bit of crunch.
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 4 oz soft herbed goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- ½ loaf French bread, sliced ¼ to ½ inch thick
- Decoratively place the ingredients on your favorite platter or cutting board. It’s best to serve the peppers in a small bowl to prevent the juices from running.
- Assemble by spreading a generous amount of goat cheese on a slice of bread. Then top with a small spoonful of peppers and basil leaves.